CYCLE ACCIDENT SOLICITORS - INJURY COMPENSATION CLAIM LAWYERSSOLICITORS HELPLINE: ☎ 0844 332 0553
A personal injury compensation claim can be a complex and difficult legal matter especially when both sides blame each other. It is in your interests to be represented by a specialist lawyer. Our cycle accident solicitors are members of the Solicitors Regulation Authority panel of personal injury experts and deal with claims using the risk free no win no fee scheme.
Cycle accidents fall into several main categories :-
- A collision with another vehicle or loss of control when trying to avoid a collision with another vehicle. Even if you are partly to blame you can still claim compensation.
- To be actionable a potholes or defective road surface must considered to be a clear hazard to people using the area. The local authority with responsibility for the road must either have known of the defect and failed to repair it or have failed to carry out regular inspections of the road to facilitate maintenance.
- If a substance has been left, fallen or spilled onto the highway then it may be possible to make a bike accident compensation claim if the person responsible for the deposit can be identified.
Statistics obtained over recent years show that about 5% of all fatal accidents and serious injuries on the roads involve pedal cyclists. Most accidents causing injury to cyclists occur in built up areas, during daylight and involve a collision with another vehicle which is most often a car. About three quarters of these accidents happen near or close to a junction. The most common accidents resulting in injury and a subsequent cycle accident compensation claim involve:-
- failing to give way at a junction
- turning right, emerging from a driveway
- young cyclists falling off cycles
- motor vehicle failing to give way at a junction
- being struck from behind
What We Do
If you instruct us to represent you in a bike accident compensation claim our services include :-
- investigation of the accident and the location
- provision of photographs and plans
- interviewing of witnesses and provision of statements
- obtaining engineering and experts reports
- assessing property damage
- estimation of the value of any injury and instructing medical consultants to provide reports
- negotiation with the insurance company, other solicitors or loss adjusters
- legal representation for bike accident compensation claims in the County Court where necessary
Damages that can be claimed by cycle accident solicitors may include the following items :-
- loss of wages
- loss of future income due to reduced earning capacity
- damage to your cycle and all accessories, clothing and property
- medical expenses for the past and for the future, including private treatment and all prescriptions
- personal assistance for the future together with the cost of any aids or special equipment
- pain and suffering (including psychological damage)
- loss of amenities of life including damages for a detrimental change in lifestyle
- reduced employment prospects in the future and damages for the loss of congenial employment
Cycle Accident Solicitors
Our cycle accident solicitors operate the no win no fee scheme otherwise known as a conditional fee agreement. No legal charge is payable unless the legal case is won and the client obtains an award of compensation. In the event that the legal claim is lost there is no charge made to the client. If you would like advice at no cost from a lawyer just use the helpline or complete the contact or email our offices and a member of the Solicitors Regulation Authority panel of personal injury experts will speak to you on the telephone with no further obligation.SOLICITORS HELPLINE: ☎ 0844 332 0553