PLAYGROUND ACCIDENT SOLICITORS - CHILD INJURY COMPENSATION CLAIM LAWYERSSOLICITORS HELPLINE: ☎ 0844 332 0553
Our specialist personal injury solicitors offer advice on children's accident compensation claims. We deal with playground accidents and a host of other dangerous situations where a child is involved. If your child is the innocent injured victim of an accident, that was the fault of someone else, our playground accident solicitors may be able to recover compensation using the risk free no win no fee scheme otherwise known as a conditional fee agreement. No legal charge is payable unless the legal case is won and the client obtains an award of compensation. In the event that the legal claim is lost there is no charge made to the client by our playground accident solicitors.
Childrens Playground Accident
It is estimated that over 10,000 children are injured annually in playgrounds giving rise to thousands of child accident claims. Both British and European standards have now been adopted in the UK to govern safety requirements to reduce the incidence of children's playground accident injuries. The Health and Safety Executive are required to enforce these standards against the operators and owners of public and private children's play areas.
Common failings are as follows:
- Failure to design, install or erect equipment so as to avoid potential risk to children using the equipment;
- inadequate playground area layout
- Absence of any impact absorbing surfacing.
- failure to provide and display a notice indicating where reports of defects in equipment or surface may be made by members of the public
- failing to comply with the definition of an adventure playground :-
"Adventure playgrounds are fenced secured playgrounds, run and staffed according to the pedagogical principles that encourage children's development."
Play Equipment Defects
There are many potential defects in playgrounds and playground equipment that may contribute to a child's accident and may result in a children's accident compensation claim. Operators of playgrounds should ensure that they comply with safety requirements including :-
- handrails, climbing bars and overhead rungs should be of a diameter to facilitate grasping by children
- fulcrum see-saws or slides should not be too steep
- distances between steps or rungs should be wide enough so that a child's head or body cannot become trapped.
- with the exception of slides and most climbing equipment, any walkway, platform or other elevated surface should have a protective barrier
- surfacing underneath and around the playground equipment should be impact absorbing - concrete, asphalt, soil and grass are inappropriate surfaces
- hangers at the top of the swing should be spaced to limit side to side motion and seats should not be large enough to hold more than one child at a time
- stairways should have handrails on both sides which should be positioned at the correct height
- guardrails are recommended on elevated surfaces which should be at the correct height
- overhead rungs should be spaced properly and should be wide enough so that a child's head cannot become trapped. No rung should turn when grasped
Playground Accident Solicitors
If you need help from a playground accident solicitor, we offer legal advice at no cost from an experienced personal injury lawyer. To help you assert your rights to recover compensation for your child just use the helpline or complete the contact form or email our offices and a member of the Solicitors Regulation Authority panel of personal injury experts will speak to you on the telephone with no further obligation and with no charge.SOLICITORS HELPLINE: ☎ 0844 332 0553